Sunday, January 13, 2013

Watch CLICKETY-CLACK - Animal Song Video about dolphins and echolocation


Dear Friends,
This video for kids has photos of dolphins (thanks to NOAA), our dolphin song "Clickety-Clack" and the lyrics so that you can sing along. I love seeing dolphins off the coast of California where I live. I hope you enjoy our video for kids as much as I enjoyed making it. You can watch more animal song videos on our Birdsong TV Website. 




I got my idea for my animal song "Clickety-Clack" when I learned that dolphins make clicking and clacking sounds to communicate with each other and to find objects in the ocean. This is how it works: They make a sound and the sound quickly travels through the water. When the sound hits an object in the sea, the sound bounces back to the dolphin and makes a picture of the object in the dolphin's mind. This is called echolocation. The echoing sound helps dolphins find food, other dolphins to play with, and boats and objects in the sea. When I first learned about dolphin echolocation, the first words that popped into my head were "Click", "Clack" and "Clickety-Clack". I wrote the words down in my song notebook and know that I wanted to use them in my kids' song about dolphin echolocation. "Clickety-Clack" is my first animal song for kids on the CD "IF I WERE A FISH and other Ocean Songs for Kids"  by Birdsong and the Eco-Wonders.  I hope you enjoy it.
    Do you know what other animals use echolocation?
 -Birdsong


1 comment:

  1. Nice. I enjoyed listening to this song. My kids likes dolphin very much and I am sure they will adore this song.
    animal videos for kids

    ReplyDelete