Thursday, January 24, 2013

Watch DOLPHIN DINNER - An animal video about dolphins by National Geographic


Dear Friends,
     This is a fun National Geographic kids' video about dolphins. Here you will see a pod of dolphins using their sounds to locate large schools of anchovies. After locating the fish, they then use dolphin teamwork to catch the anchovies for dinner. Echolation and cooperation are the names of the game in this educational kids video. You can watch more National Geographic kids videos at National Geographic Kids Online. You can also watch my animal song video about dolphins and echolocation, called Clickety-Clack, in a previous blog post. In this video you will find dolphin photos by NOAA and the lyrics of the song so that you can sing along. Clickety-Clack is the first song on my CD IF I WERE A FISH and other Ocean Songs for Kids  by Birdsong and the Eco-Wonders®. This CD also includes songs about sea turtles, whales, kelp forests, pinnipeds, sea otters and my friend "Oxford the Octopus"
    Dolphins are one of many animals that use echolocation. Others include bats, whales, shrews and flying squirrels. I love seeing dolphins off the coast of California where I live. The sight of them inspires a playful feeling in my heart and always puts a smile on my face. I would love to hear about animals that make you smile. In the meantime,  I hope you enjoy these dolphin videos.
-Birdsong
Singer/Songwriter
Birdsong and the Eco-Wonders


The first edition of this post was first published on www.animalsongsforkids.com - Saturday, July 09, 2011 


No comments:

Post a Comment