Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Happy New Year Message from Birdsong and Wolf Atka


                                                      
Dear Friends,
HAPPY NEW YEAR! 
Just like Ambassador Wolf Atka, I have something to howl about this New Year.  After spending most of 2012 in the recording studio working on my new CD, "EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED and Other Animal Songs for Kids",   I am proud to announce that it is now finished and released for all to hear!  I couldn't have done it without the help of my talented producer, James Coffey of Blue Vision Music and my recording engineer friends Art Brueggeman and Randy Rusk at Omega Music Productions. I hope that you enjoy listening to my animal songs as much as I enjoyed researching, writing and singing them!
EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED  includes twelve original kids' songs about the connections between animals, plants and their habitats. I learned a great deal as I wrote songs about wolves, worms, wildflowers and their pollinators, butterflies, caterpillars, geese, gorillas, orcas, adaptation and more. I had an especially good time writing my songs "Bella the Gorilla", "Worm Poop Song" and "Honk! Honk!" 
While working on"Bella the Gorilla", I learned about what gorillas eat, how they communicate with each other and that they have emotions like you and me. While writing "Honk! Honk!", I learned about geese cooperation and how they take turns leading the flock on their long migration. And writing my song about worms taught me a great deal about these hard-working creatures and their important role in our ecosystem. You can listen to samples of these fun, educational songs for kids on our Birdsong and the Eco-Wonders website.
  
In future blog entries, I'll be sharing song lyrics, photos and videos of the animals featured in my new CD "EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED and Other Animal Songs for Kids", as well as songs from my first CD, IF I WERE A FISH and Other Animal Songs for KidsTogether, we can learn so much about animals, plants and nature's "great big web of life." So let's go outside this weekend and see what animals, plants or other interesting things we might discover. And when you come in from the outdoors, perhaps you can play a Birdsong and the Eco-Wonders CD and sing and dance along to my animal songs for kids! 
Happy New Year!
-Birdsong
Singer/Songwriter
Creator of Birdsong and the Eco-Wonders
Birdsong TV 
YouTube Video by Wolf Conservation Center

No comments:

Post a Comment